JACKSON, MS (WLBT) - A nine-year-old girl died Thursday night of possible smoke inhalation after a house fire.
It happened at 2048 Monaco Street near Wingfield High School.
Jackson Fire Chief R.D. Simpson says flames were showing when his men arrived.
The child was rushed to C.M.M.C. but it was too late.
The Hinds County Coroner will perform an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.
Several others inside the house managed to escape.
No names have been released, yet.
©2009 WLBT. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.