JACKSON, MS (WLBT) - A northeast Jackson couple lost much of their home to a blaze around noon Tuesday, when something left on the stove may have caught fire.
Three Jackson fire units responded to 6036 Lake Trace Circle and managed to extinguish the flames. Gerald Heath said he and his wife managed to get both cars out of the garage along with Christmas gifts, a computer, and other items.
"We disconnected the TV so we could keep watching WLBT news at 10 o'clock. The main thing we got out that is important is our lives. We thank the Lord for that."
The retired army national guardsman says he has good insurance. The couple will temporarily stay with their daughter at Annandale.