Firefighters get chimney fire under control - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Firefighters get chimney fire under control

Posted: Updated:

JACKSON, MS (WLBT) - Jackson firefighters are called this afternoon to put out a blaze after a chimney catches fire in northeast Jackson.

It happened at a house on the corner of Meadowbrook and Quail Run Road. Fire officials say flames from logs in the fireplace spread to the chimney walls.

They think it may have been the result of the chimney not being properly cleaned. Crews were able to get the blaze under control by pouring water directly down the chimney and using a chemical to help extinguish the fire. No one was hurt.

©2009 WLBT. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow