Thursday School Closings
- Hinds County Schools after school activities
- All JPS afterschool programs have been cancelled.
- All JPS athletic events, games and practices have been cancelled.
- The adult education classes at the Career Development Center (CDC) have been cancelled.
- The JPS Adult Education Program's GED/Literacy/ESL classes have been cancelled.
- Antonelli College Evening Classes cancelled
- MASEP Classes cancelled in Pearl, Vicksburg and Madison
- Piney Woods School - no afternoon activities
- St. Andrew's Episcopal School - no afternoon activities
- Milestones Learning Center in Jackson will close at 1pm
- Marietta Reading Center in Jackson Medical Mall will not have afternoon school.
- Crossgates Methodist Children's Center in Brandon will close at 1pm
- No after care in Pearl Schools
- Tots & Toddlers School of Learning in Flora will close at Noon, no afternoon school care
- Christian Preparatory Nursery Preschool will close at Noon, no afternoon care
- Academy of Hair Design - No night classes - Jackson, Pearl, & Hattiesburg campuses. No Friday classes for Jackson & Pearl campuses.
- Vicksburg-Warren County Schools will dismiss early today… Jr. High at 12:40, High at 1:00, Elementary at 1:20.
- MUW - Classes canceled
- Ole Miss - Classes canceled
- Cradle to Crayon in Vicksburg closing at 1pm
- FUMC Weekday Ministries Flora, closing at Noon
- Grannie's Quality Daycare – no after school care
- Lamb of God Daycare in Clinton - will close at 1pm, no afternoon school
- All Rankin County Frontiers sites will close at 4pm
- Tri County Academy in Flora will dismiss at 1pm. The day care will close at 2pm
- Traxler's School of Hair closing at 2:00 today; closed tomorrow
- Miss Mandy's Daycare in Brandon will close at 3:00 today
- All campuses of Holmes Community College will be closed Friday
- PREP Company Tutorial Schools - Watkins Drive and North State Street closing at 3
- Park Place Christian Academy - no after school care
- Claudia's Childcare in Pearl closing between 3:30 and 4:00pm
- Prentiss Christian School closed tomorrow.
- New Hope Christian Preschool & Elementary closing at 2:30pm - no after school care.
- Tri-County Academy in Flora closed Friday.
- Children's Educare closing at 3
The Madison County Sheriff's Department will hold a press conference today in regards to the missing two-year-old, Myra Lewis. The press conference was originally scheduled for Saturday, but it was postponed. TheMore >> The press conference was originally scheduled for Saturday, but it was postponed.More >> The search for 2-year-old Myra Lewis has ended for tonight, and in a day filled with lots of activity, there's still a lot we don't know. Lewis has been missing since last Saturday. Authorities closedMore >> The search for 2-year-old Myra Lewis has ended for tonight, and in a day filled with lots of activity, there's still a lot we don't know. Lewis has been missing since last Saturday.More >> Myra was last seen on Saturday at 10 am at her home in Camden. She was wearing a turquoise sweater with a bear on the front and khaki pants.
Law Enforcement officers are preparing to extend their search for 2-year-old Myra Lewis into the night. Portable lights have been brought into the area, but still no official word on what they're planning next.More >> Jackson Mayor Chokwe Lumumba's Celebration of Life service is under way at the Jackson Convention Center. The service is expected to last more than three hours. You can watch it live here. Afterward theMore >> There were tears, prayers, songs, African culture and laughter at Saturday's Celebration of Life for late Jackson Mayor Chokwe Lumumba.
The search for 2-year-old Myra Lewis continued Saturday. Heath Hall with the Madison County Sheriff's Department said a press conference will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday. The search for the toddler willMore >> The mother of 2-year-old Myra Lewis has been arrested, but it has nothing to do with her daughter's disappearance.More >> A South Carolina woman who drove her mini-van into the ocean at Daytona Beach with her three kids inside is from Cross in Berkeley County, according to authorities in Florida. Police say they interviewedMore >> A South Carolina woman who drove her mini-van into the ocean at Daytona Beach with her three kids inside is from Cross in Berkeley County, according to authorities in Florida. Police say they interviewed her two hours before the Tuesday afternoon incident but the woman was released because she showed no signs of being suicidal.More >> We've all heard the buzz after Kenneth Stokes claimed that Mayor Chokwe Lumumba was murdered, but he isn't the only one who thinks this is possible. Minister Louis Farrakhan spoke in front of a largeMore >> Minister Louis Farrakhan spoke on the death of Jackson's late mayor. According to him, Lumumba probably didn't die of natural causes.More >> Vietnamese authorities searching waters for the missing Boeing 777 jetliner spotted an object Sunday that they suspected was one of the plane's doors, as international intelligence agencies joined the...More >> Vietnamese aircraft spotted what they suspected was one of the doors of a missing Boeing 777 on Sunday, while questions emerged about how two passengers managed to board the ill-fated aircraft using stolen passports.More >> For one teenager, homelessness is his reality but not his label. Hard work. Struggle. Power. Kendal Benjamin, 17, spends many afternoons in the weight room at C.A. Johnson High School. The graduatingMore >> Kendal Benjamin, 17, spends many afternoons in the weight room at C.A. Johnson High School. The graduating senior plays football, track and wants to study athletic training in college. He comes to school every day, and many around him don't know what it's like when he goes home at night.More >> A Jackson family escaped their home early Sunday morning after a fire broke out around 4:30 a.m. Jackson Chief Arson Fire Investigator Greg Travis said all of the occupants at 1151 North WestMore >> J.F.D. Chief Fire Investigator Greg Travis said 13 people, two adults and 11 children, leaped to safety from a bedroom window.