JACKSON, MS (WLBT) - A chemical spill forces the evacuation of a Jackson business.
Jackson fire crews were called to G&K Services, which is a cleaning business on Mitchell Avenue off Mill Street around 2:00 this afternoon. Fire officials say a 30 gallon drum of bleach was spilled. As a precaution everyone was evacuated from the building. One man was transported to UMC by AMR.
"Units discovered a 30 gallon drum of industrial bleach and what happened is we had one employee that was around the product had difficulty breathing and was transported to UMC," said Division Chief R.D. Simpson, Public Information Officer
By 3:30 this afternoon, the spill was cleaned up and employees were allowed to return inside.