Apartment fire displaces 1 - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Apartment fire displaces 1

Posted: Updated:

By Marsha Thompson - bio | email

PEARL, MS (WLBT) - A Pearl resident is displaced after an electrical fire in his apartment Monday. 

Heavy smoke filled two apartments at Fox Run Apartment complex around 8:30 a.m.

One resident thought someone was grilling outside when smoke entered her home. The two units were quickly evacuated. Firefighters said the small fire is linked to a vent fan in the bathroom.

One unit sustained moderate damage on the second floor. The unit below had light water damage. The WLBT crew on the scene noticed several small leaks in the water supply lines, but Assistant Chief Brad Thornton said the lines often get these type of leaks and water pressure was excellent.

No one was injured.

©2010 WLBT. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow