CRYSTAL SPRINGS, MS (WLBT)- Residents of one Crystal Springs neighborhood were briefly evacuated while repairs were made to a leaking gas line.
Crystal Springs police say the gas line had to be repaired forcing some living on Moore Street to leave their homes as a precaution.
Some residents reported hearing an explosion, but officials say it was the sound of a ruptured gas cap. Families were allowed to return to their homes in less than hour when the line was capped. No injuries were reported.
©2010 WLBT. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.