For ginger syrup
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup thinly sliced unpeeled fresh ginger
- 3 cups unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4-1/2 cups sparkling water, chilled
- 4 cups ice cubes
Make ginger syrup
- Bring water, honey, and ginger to a boil in a saucepan, stirring until honey is dissolved. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes, then remove from heat and steep, uncovered, 15 minutes. Pour syrup through a sieve into a bowl, discarding ginger. Chill, covered, until cold, about 2 hours.
- Stir together ginger syrup and fruit juices in a punch bowl or pitcher. Stir in sparkling water and ice.
If you do have guests that will be drinking, this punch mixes nicely with alcohol. Just leave some bottles of gin or vodka out that they can add to their individual glasses. The ginger syrup also tastes good on its own when mixed with sparkling wine or soda water.
Questions? Email Julie Levanway.
Follow Julie on Twitter: www.twitter.com/FreshFrTheFlame.
©2010 WLBT. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.