Gas leak causes explosion at Canton home - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Gas leak causes explosion at Canton home

Posted: Updated:

CANTON, Miss. (WLBT)- Three people are hospitalized with burn injuries after a gas leak explosion at a Canton home.

Canton police say the explosion happened at 6:41 this evening in North Canton.

Three people were transported to University Medical Center in Jackson for treatment of burns.

Fire Fighters and emergency personnel are working to contain the gas leak.

Residents have reported smelling gas as early as Sunday night.

Those who live in the area are advised to stay indoors and authorities are keeping the public out of the affected area.

Copyright 2011 WLBT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow