Carbon monoxide possible cause of toddler's death in van - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Carbon monoxide possible cause of toddler's death in van

Posted: Updated:

Posted by Charles Gazaway - email

FRANKFORT, KY (WAVE) - Kentucky authorities are investigating the death of a West Virginia toddler who died in Frankfort.

The Franklin County Coroner's Office says a mother, father and three kids were driving from West Virginia to Indianapolis on Jan. 21 when one child began to cry. When the family pulled off in Frankfort and went to the hospital, all three children were unconscious.

A 15-month-old girl died from carbon monoxide poisoning. After initial treatment in Frankfort, the two other children were flown to Kosair Children's Hospital in Louisville. The parents are fine.

Authorities say the carbon monoxide apparently built up in the family's older model minivan.

Copyright 2011 WAVE News. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow