Brandon, MS (WLBT) - Shoppers were forced to evacuate a large area in Brandon Tuesday due to a gas leak.
According to the Brandon Fire Department, a construction crew hit a 2" gas line behind the Piggly Wiggly. Several business around the grocery store were evacuated.
The break happened around 11 Tuesday morning, and people were able to return around an hour and a half later.
A nearby church was locked down, but not evacuated. The line has now been repaired.
Copyright 2011 WLBT. All rights reserved.