PHILADELPHIA, Miss. (AP) - Volunteer crews are clearing debris in the area when 15 cabins were destroyed by fire last week at the Neshoba County Fairgrounds.
Cabin owners who plan rebuild in time for the Fair have until July 20 to finish and clear their lots of any building materials and construction debris, the Fair Association said.
Fair Association President Gilbert Donald says campers, recreational vehicles, trailers or any type of temporary housing will not be allowed on the burned out lots. He says new construction can begin on May 23.
At least seven cabin owners plan to rebuild in time for the Fair that starts July 22.
Deputy State Fire Marshal Pete Adcock tells the Neshoba Democrat that the May 9 fire caused so much damage that the source could not be determined.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Authorities are searching for a MS Department of Corrections inmate who escaped this morning.More >>