Fire burns on roof of Back Yard Burgers - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Fire burns on roof of Back Yard Burgers

Posted: Updated:
JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

Everyone is safe after a fire on the roof of a Jackson fast-food restaurant.

It happened Tuesday evening at the Back Yard Burgers on State Street, in front of Veterans Memorial Stadium, across from the University of Mississippi Medical Center.

Firefighters believe it was a grease fire that was plainly visible when Skycopter 3 flew over.

All of the employees and customers managed to get out safely.

It's not clear yet how badly the restaurant was damaged.

Copyright 2011 WLBT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow