JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
Governor Haley Barbour will present the Mississippi Medal of Service Wednesday to 11 Mississippians.
The Mississippi Medal of Service is presented to individuals who have made significant contributions to the state through their personal and professional lives.
This year's honorees include:
- U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran
- Mississippi House Speaker Billy McCoy
- Former Mississippi Court of Appeals Justice Mary Libby Payne
- Former Mississippi Supreme Court Justice Reuben Anderson
- Former Mississippi Supreme Court Justice Ed Pittman
- University of Southern Mississippi President Emeritus Dr. Aubrey Lucas
- Former University of Mississippi Chancellor Robert Khayat of Oxford
- Former Mississippi Board of Education member Lucimarian Roberts of Pass Christian
- Jackson businessman Jim Barksdale
- Jackson businessman Cornelius Turner
- Blues legend B.B. King.
Wednesday's ceremony is scheduled for 3:00pm at the Woolfolk Building in Jackson.
Copyright 2011 WLBT. All rights reserved.