It's hard to imagine embers from an almost week old fire re-igniting, but that's what Jackson Fire Department investigator Greg Travis says happened Tuesday night.
Jackson firefighters were back on the property where the Global Plastics Recyclers Warehouse burned August 29.
Chief Travis says it is like a barbeque grill where embers have been smoldering and never fully extinguished.
He says a backhoe will have to be brought in to move debris and douse any remaining hot spots.
Last week, thick black and blue smoke could be scene for miles from downtown Jackson as the warehouse burned.
Chief Travis says the cause of the fire has been determined accidental and not arson.
Copyright 2012 WLBT. All rights reserved