Be prepared before, during, and after an earthquake.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Make a family communications plan
- Place large/heavy objects on lower shelves
- Fasten shelves securely to walls
- If indoors, drop to the ground and take cover
- If indoors, stay away from glass, windows, outside doors, walls
- If outdoors, stay where you are at unless you need to move away from buildings, streetlights, utility wires
- Wait until the shaking stops, then exit the building
- Expect aftershocks
- Help injured or trapped people
For many more tips, please click here.