Officials: Grill caused Flowood apartment fire - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Officials: Grill caused Flowood apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Flowood Fire Department) (Source: Flowood Fire Department)
(Source: Lashetta Wilder) (Source: Lashetta Wilder)
FLOWOOD, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

Flowood Fire Department officials say they believe a charcoal grill started a fire that destroyed eight units at the Laurel Park apartments Sunday night.

Officials believe someone pushed the grill against a wall while it was still hot.

The blaze started around 5:25 p.m. Sunday. Witnesses reported hearing a boom then seeing smoke and flames from the attic area.

Copyright 2012 WLBT. All rights reserved.

Related Stories

Updated:

8 families homeless after Flowood apartment fire Arson not suspected in Flowood apartment fire More>>

Powered by WorldNow