JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
Investigators from the Mississippi Department of Human Services helped bust more than a dozen people for SNAP and TANF fraud.
More than $159,000 will be repaid to taxpayers in restitution and fines.
Officials say this type of fraud is usually the result of a client withholding income or household information that would make them ineligible for benefits.
If you suspect someone is misusing SNAP benefits, called the fraud hotline at 1-800-299-6905.
The following people were arrested:
- Barbara A. Horton, Lena-$28,195-Three years suspended, five years supervised probation-12 months
- Amber L. Moudy, Canton-$13,437-Court withheld acceptance of the defendant's plea pending successful completion of five years of probation-Permanent
- Vickie Dent, Braxton-$12,295-Three years suspended, five years supervised probation-12 months
- Shanisha F. Williams, Greenville-$9,756-Three years to serve concurrent with the federal sentence the defendant is currently serving-12 months
- Catherine Richmond, Leland-$8,901-18 months, not to exceed three years, Pre-Trial Diversion Program-12 months
- Datriene Y. Kennedy, Greenville-$8,667-Three years to serve on MDOC post-release supervision-24 months
- Robbin F. Simmons, Saltillo-$8,588-Three years MDOC Non-Adjudicated-12 months
- Angela E. Phinisee, Morton-$8,092-If defendant fails to adhere to Non-Adjudicated court order, then sentencing will be imposed of three years to serve-24 months
- Vergia Battle, Batesville-$7,824-Court withheld acceptance of the defendant's plea pending successful completion of five years of probation-24 months
- Tiffany T. Thompson, Pearl-$7,817-Three years suspended, five years supervised probation-Permanent
- Romanda L. Williams, Lena-$7,796-Three years suspended, five years supervised probation-12 months
- Rosie Jones, Mathiston-$7,714-Serve one day in jail, remainder of the three year sentence on post-release supervision-Permanent
- Susan Alexander, Newton-$7,512-Three years, non-adjudicated with non-reporting/unsupervised probation -12 months
- Leola M. Bogan, Morton-$7,443-One year with six months to serve in the Scott County Jail and six months supervised house arrest-Permanent
- Janice D. Gammage, Meridian-$6,729-Three years suspended, three years supervised probation-24 months
- Kimberly L. Bailey, Horn Lake-$6,183-To serve three days, two years post-release supervision-12 months
- Kathleen H. Cassidy, Jackson-$2,095-Three years of post-release supervision-12 months
- Charity L. Harrington, Louisville-$196-TANF fraud
Copyright 2012 Mississippi News Now. All rights reserved.