The following is an update from Mississippi Power:
- Mississippi Power already has crews restoring power since the peak outage of 13,000.
- As of 9 p.m., approximately 5,600 customers are without power.
- Mississippi Power crews will be working throughout the night to restore customers' electricity.
- We are sending additional crews to the Pine Belt from areas not impacted by the storm.
- Please stay off roads - many are impassable due to debris and a number of downed poles and wires. If you must get on the road, please be safe and look out for our crews. We are coordinating with local officials to help clear debris from roadways.
One customer at a gas station in Clinton claims water in the fuel damaged his vehicle.More >>
The pastor and members of a Jefferson County church make the gruesome discovery of a body on the way to Bible study Wednesday evening.More >>