Family awakes to fire spreading through home - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Family awakes to fire spreading through home

Posted: Updated:
JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

A Jackson family escaped flames spreading through their bedroom Sunday morning.

Fire fighters responded to that blaze around seven a.m. in the 3400 block of Southland Drive.

Chief Fire Investigator Greg Travis said heavy smoke and flames were rising from the home when units arrived.

According to Travis, a father and his two children were asleep in a bedroom when the fire started.

A child awoke and alerted the family to the flames.

A preliminary investigation has determined a space heater was too close to the bed and set it on fire.

Copyright 2013 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow