Fire dept. finds cause of fire that started in closet - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Fire dept. finds cause of fire that started in closet

JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

The Jackson fire department was called to a small house fire in the 200 block of Myer Avenue in West Jackson.

The call came into the fire department around 10:15 Saturday morning.

Chief Arson Investigator Greg Travis said the fire started in a bedroom closet.

Some clothes were burned, but no one was hurt.

Authorities have determined the cause of the fire was careless use of a candle.

Copyright 2013 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly