Police say more people will be arrested in connection with the Clinton High School bomb threats.
Last week Clinton police arrested a Clinton Alternative School student in connection with several recent bomb threats to Clinton High School.
Interim Police Chief Mike Warren said he expects investigators to make more arrests in the case, most likely juveniles will be charged, he said.
Raejonn Higginbottom, 18, of Clinton, has been charged with a felony. He's accused of calling in at least one of three bomb threats to the high school in the last week.
This isn't the first time Higginbottom has made the news, but in the past, the teen was spotlighted for positive reasons. WLBT has profiled him on more than one occasion for his boxing achievements. The teen even made it to the Junior Olympic trials in 2011.
Higginbottom talked about his big plans for the future.
"School comes for first, school always comes first. So I'm going to go to college, you know, get my barber's license and my chef license -- my culinary arts license. Then I'm going professional," Higginbottom said.
Clinton High School was evacuated after each bomb threat.
The first threat came in on May 10th around 2 p.m. Law enforcement searched the building and classes resumed. Similar threats and evacuations followed Monday and Tuesday afternoons.
The school district said Monday the Federal Bureau of Investigation joined the investigation into the threats.
"A bomb threat is a federal crime. It is not a joke or a prank," school district officials said in an email earlier this week.
Higginbottom's court date is set for June 12. He faces up to 10 years in jail and a $10,000 fine.
At last check Higginbottom was being held by Clinton Police on a $100,000 bond.
Copyright 2013 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved
IF YOU HAVE A STORY IDEA CONTACT WLBT/WDBD AT (601) 960-4426 OR EMAIL US AT News@WLBT.COM.
715 South Jefferson Street
Jackson, MS 39201