Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE National Safety Council
Young professionals honored for safety contributions
CHICAGO, Oct. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Tonight, the National Safety Council will recognize its latest class of NSC Rising Stars of Safety, in conjunction with its 2013 NSC Congress & Expo Leading Safety into the Future, at a National Awards Celebration. The NSC Rising Stars of Safety program is presented by DuPont Sustainable Solutions.
"We are glad to continue our support of the NSC Rising Stars of Safety program, which recognizes the outstanding contributions of young safety professionals," said James Weigand, president, DuPont Sustainable Solutions. "We offer our sincere congratulations to each of this year's honorees, who are using their passion and talents to make a difference and help save lives."
The NSC Rising Stars of Safety program recognizes leaders of tomorrow for their commitment to safety, influence on safety culture, promotion of continuous workplace safety improvement and creation of safety initiatives producing measureable outcomes – foundational pillars of the Council's Journey to Safety Excellence philosophy.
"It is a pleasure to honor the safety leaders of tomorrow at our Congress & Expo, which is focusing on the future of safety," said Janet Froetscher, president and CEO of NSC. "Engaging the NSC Rising Stars will be an important part of making a greater impact on saving lives and preventing injuries as we deal with emerging safety issues, such as the evolving nature of work and the changing face of the workforce."
Chosen among more than 110 nominations, the 40 honorees for the Class of 2013 are listed below and featured in the September issue of Safety+Health magazine:
- Ghulam Abbas, Industrial Safety Engineer, Engro Fertilizer Ltd (Ghotki, Pakistan)
- Matthew Arabie, Environmental Health & Safety Specialist, Siemens Energy – HSC (Houston, TX)
- Dawn Breznai, Environment Health & Safety Lead, Chrysler Group LLC (Detroit, MI)
- Amanda Chambers, Health and Safety Specialist – LG&E and KU Energy (Lexington, KY)
- Brandon Dunkin, Regional Safety Manager, DynCorp International (Poway, CA)
- Amanda Finnegan, Regional HSE Manager, CH2M HILL Alaska (Anchorage, AK)
- Joshua Franklin, Senior Master Sergeant, Eleventh Air Force Joint-Base Elmendorf-Richardson (Anchorage, AK)
- Shawn Galloway, President and COO, ProAct Safety (The Woodlands, TX)
- Ron Gantt, Vice President, Safety Compliance Management (San Ramon, CA)
- Aldo Gomez, EHS Engineer, Delphi (Westfield, IN)
- Keith Greer, Site Safety and Health Manager, RMA Land Construction, Inc. (Kaneohe, HI)
- Jason Griffin, Construction Safety Consultant, Michigan OSHA, CET Division (Lansing, MI)
- Christopher Gruber, Safety and Training Coordinator, Lake County Division of Transportation (Libertyville, IL)
- Garrett Gumfory, Vice President, Risk & HSE, FTS International (Fort Worth, TX)
- Shane Harris, Drilling Manager, ExxonMobil Development Company (Calgary, Alberta)
- Erin Hoffer, Environmental Health & Safety Manager, Carlisle Interconnect Technologies,
(St. Augustine, FL)
- J.D. Horst, Environmental and Safety Compliance Administrator, Federal Bureau of Prisons - USP Leavenworth (Leavenworth, KS)
- Michael Jorda, NYC/NJ Operations Safety Manager, Posillico, Inc. (College Point, NY)
- Jeffrey Kozub, EH&S Expertise Manager, The Dow Chemical Company (Philadelphia, PA)
- Andrew Lampela, Supervisor – Health & Safety, General Motors – Saginaw Metal Casting Operations (Saginaw, MI)
- Nitelle Lau, Senior Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer, Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (El Segundo, CA)
- Brian Lazarchick, Occupational Safety Compliance Manager, Southern Maryland Electric Cooperative (Hughesville, MD)
- Zachary LeMasters, Safety Engineer II, ATK (Rocket Center, WV)
- Jeremy Miller, Ground Safety Officer, Marine Aircraft Group 24 (Kaneohe Bay, HI)
- Raymond Ng, Safety and Loss Prevention Analyst, Orange County Government – Risk Management Division (Orlando, FL)
- Pramod Palat, Corporate Occupational Safety Director, Cummins Inc. (Columbus, IN)
- Brittany Perry, Safety Manager, L'Oreal USA Inc. (Florence, KY)
- Thakur Pherwani, National Manager – Safety, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd.(Gurgaon, India)
- Chad Positano, Compliance Assistant Specialist, OSHA (Toledo, OH)
- Zachary Remington, Corporate Health and Safety Manager, Atlantic Testing Laboratories
(Clifton Park, NY)
- Lori Schroth, Safety and Occupational Health Professional, Concurrent Technologies Corp.
- Chris Seider, Corporate Safety Specialist, Foth Production Solutions LLC (Green Bay, WI)
- Barry Spurlock, Adjunct Professor, Indiana University (Bloomington, IN)
- Casey Stewart, Risk Control Technical Consultant, Liberty Mutual (Nolensville, TN)
- Peter Sullivan, Regional Safety Manager, Northeast and SH&E Training Director, AECOM(Chelmsford, MA)
- Taylor Vogel, Superintendent/Site Safety Officer, AHTNA Engineering Services (Newington, VA)
- Jennifer Williams, Industrial Hygiene and Environment Supervisor, Jefferson Science Associates (Newport News, VA)
- Branden Wilson, Safety Program Manager, URS Tooele Chemical Agent Disposal Facility
- Bryan Wozny, ESH Coordinator, Argonne National Laboratory - Energy Systems Division(Lemont, IL)
- Sean Zortman, Safety and Occupational Health Specialist, 60th Medical Group (Travis Air Force Base, CA)
About the National Safety Council
Founded in 1913 and chartered by Congress, the National Safety Council, nsc.org, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to save lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the road through leadership, research, education and advocacy. NSC advances this mission by partnering with businesses, government agencies, elected officials and the public in areas where we can make the most impact – distracted driving, teen driving, workplace safety, prescription drug overdoses and Safe Communities. Safety+Health magazine, the Council's flagship publication, is a leading source of occupational safety and health information.
Connect with NSC: Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.