Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE American Energy Mapping
The face of Developing Unconventional Gas (DUG) Events spends weeks avoiding service
HOUSTON, Nov. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Since adding Kevin Higgins, Hart Energy's President and COO, as a defendant in the Fraud and Negligent Misrepresentation lawsuit with AEM (Montgomery County Cause Number 13-05-04872-CV) Mr. Higgins has avoided being served. AEM provided the following steps taken to finally locate the elusive defendant:
- AEM contacted Hart's attorney to ask if he would accept service for Kevin Higgins.
- Hart's Attorney refuses to accept service for Kevin Higgins.
- AEM hires a process server and provides Hart's address as well as the upscale hotel Kevin Higgins frequented.
- The process server informs AEM that Kevin Higgins avoided them and Mr. Higgins continually instructed his staff to say he was in a meeting and could not be disturbed. Service was attempted many times.
- The process server tried the hotel and the hotel staff informed the process server that Mr. Higgins was indeed a guest but they could not share his room number nor did they persuade him to come down to the lobby.
- AEM notified Kevin Higgins by email informing him to stop hiding or AEM would seek help from the public.
- Kevin Higgins replies to the email offering to make himself available in 10 days.
- AEM refuses to allow further delay.
- AEM receives an email from Hart's attorneys stating they would accept service for Kevin Higgins but not represent him further.
- AEM contacts process server instructing them to serve Mr. Higgins though Hart's lawyers.
- Kevin Higgins then contacts AEM's process server and attempts to persuade them into a 10 day hold on being served without AEM's knowledge or approval and following AEM's firm refusal of further delay.
- AEM's process server, in the midst of all the confusion created by Kevin Higgins, delays serving Hart's lawyers for another two days.
- On October 30, 2013, several weeks after adding Kevin Higgins as a defendant, the lawyers for Hart accept service and Kevin Higgins finally gets officially served.
AEM's Owner, Damien Wolff stated, "I will let people judge for themselves why the President of a reputable industry publisher would avoid a process server in a lawsuit alleging fraud and misrepresentation."
American Energy Mapping is a small energy data company.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.