Fire displaces family just before Christmas - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Fire displaces family just before Christmas

Posted: Updated:
JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

A mother and her children escaped an apartment fire Sunday afternoon in the Capital City.

Jackson firefighters responded to that blaze at the Camelot Apartments on Robinson Street around 3:50 p.m.

Chief Fire Investigator Greg Travis said it was contained to apartment 233 in building 35.

Jenifer Pace was inside and said the fire started near her daughter's room which was badly damaged.

She was brought to tears and said she doesn't know where they will go just days before Christmas.

"As we're laying in the house it's like a big rattling noise or something coming from where the air in the unit runs from and a big bang, and all I know smoke and there's fire coming out of my front vent," said the upset mother.

Pace believes a faulty heating unit was the cause of the fire.

Copyright 2013 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow