Fire torches motorhome on Menge Avenue - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Fire torches motorhome on Menge Avenue

Posted: Updated:
PASS CHRISTIAN, MS (WLOX) -

There was a scary sight on Menge Avenue this afternoon.  Flames ate through a motorhome as it rolled through the north end of Pass Christian.

Harrison County's fire chief Pat Sullivan said one person was in the motorhome when it was consumed by the fire.  No word on his condition.

Apparently, a heater inside the motorhome was running.  When it tipped over, it caught some furniture on fire.  That fire quickly spread, torching just about everything inside and outside the vehicle.

Traffic on Menge Avenue was blocked for more than an hour.  Menge Avenue reopened around 2:45.

Remember, when breaking news happens, we break it first online, by email, and by text. If you want to receive our breaking news alerts by text, pull out your phone right now and text NEWS to 41313. Message and data rates may apply. You can text STOP at any time to cancel your subscription, text HELP for more information, or call 877-571-0774 for support.

Copyright 2014 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow