Fire destroys Pelahatchie home - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Elderly couple and 2 dogs escape house fire

Posted: Updated:
PELAHATCHIE, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

Our crew was on the scene of a house fire in Pelahatchie on Tuesday.

We are told that the fire was on McDonald Street which is 2 blocks away from Pelahatchie High School.

According to Mayor Knox Ross, the home was well involved in flames when he arrived shortly after 10:30am on Tuesday. He says the elderly residents, Mr. and Mrs. Jack Allen, and their two dogs got out safely, but that the 100 year old heart-of-pine structure was difficult to try and save.

Numerous volunteers from 3 fire departments in Rankin County fought the intense blaze. We are told that the house appears to be completely destroyed.

Luckily, the Allen's are insured, and some personal items were salvaged.

While our crew was there a local church brought the Allen's $500 from a benevolent fund they have to help out. They also have immediate family next door to assist them.

We will upate you as we get more details.

 

Copyright 2014 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow