Four found dead in Scott Co. home - - Jackson, MS

Coroner makes ruling on 4 dead in Scott County

Carlos Boyd  (Source: Family) Carlos Boyd (Source: Family)
One of the victims, 19-year-old Travis Hunt. (Source: Instagram) One of the victims, 19-year-old Travis Hunt. (Source: Instagram)
Tiffany Weaver (Source: Samantha Creighton, aunt) Tiffany Weaver (Source: Samantha Creighton, aunt)
SCOTT COUNTY, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

Scott County Coroner Phyllis Irby has just confirmed that the four people found dead in a home, all died from "acute carbon monoxide intoxication." The deaths have been ruled accidental.

On Wednesday, Scott County Sheriff Mike Lee released their identities.

The victims were 22-year-old Carlos Jermaine Boyd, 39-year-old Moises Hernandes Conde, 19-year-old Travis Hunt and 18-year-old Tiffany Weaver.

Sheriff Lee said carbon monoxide poisoning was the likely cause of the four deaths. 

"Anytime someone passes away it's hard not to say a tragedy but when you see it by a complete accident.  There was no wrong doing in this case that it was totally by generator or gas leak, there are two things were looking at. One would be a generator and also the gas but we believe the gas had been capped off," said Sheriff Mike Lee.

A 17 year old survived and has been hospitalized.

Sheriff Lee says that deputies were called to the home on a welfare check at around 1:30 am on Wednesday. That's when they found 5 people inside and a heavy odor of exhaust gas.

We are told that the generator was found inside the home and had apparently just quit running.

Irby tells us that the bodies are at the medical examiner's office in Jackson. Autopsies will be performed today.

Copyright 2014 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly