Winston County's nine tornado victims ranged in age from 31 to 85, with five women and four men.
*The confirmed death toll in Mississippi from Monday's tornadoes stood at 12 on Wednesday afternoon.
Of the dead, 9 were in Winston County. County coroners identified the dead as:
- Cassandra Blansett, 39, of Lee County. Died when her car slid off Palmetto Road near Verona.
- Sharon Pell, 49, of Richland. Died when a tornado threw her car about 200 yards off Old Highway 49 into a field near a fire station.
- Nicky Lee Painter, 56, of Greenville. Died when his minivan hydroplaned off U.S. Highway 61 and struck a pickup truck.
- Ruth Bennett, 53. Died at the daycare center she operated in Louisville, Ruth's Child Care Center.
- Dora Triplett, 64. Found on Eiland Avenue in Louisville.
- Catherine Ferguson, 55. Found in the rural community of Plattsburg southwest of Louisville.
- Gregory Jernigan, 60. Found at the Eiland Plaza apartments in Louisville.
- Sarah Massey, 85. Found in Louisville. No additional details available.
- Jerry Carter, 61. Found injured on Eiland Avenue and died later at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
- Leonard Carter, 38. Found at the Eiland Plaza apartments
- Terri Tucker, 31, and Sean Fowler, 44. Found blown into a wooded area a half mile from their destroyed home in Louisville.
Their 8-year-old son is missing and crews are searching for him.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
IF YOU HAVE A STORY IDEA CONTACT WLBT/WDBD AT (601) 960-4426 OR EMAIL US AT News@WLBT.COM.
715 South Jefferson Street
Jackson, MS 39201