Jackson family loses everything in early morning fire - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Jackson family loses everything in early morning fire

(Source: WLBT) (Source: WLBT)
JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) - A family lost everything in a house fire that began around 5:30 a.m. Saturday in Jackson. 

The fire originated in the bedroom of the rental home on Alamo Street. Willie Sawyer lived there with his wife and 11-year-old son. No one was home at the time, except the family cat who died of smoke inhalation.

Sawyer had left the house to take his wife to work, and a neighbor called and alerted him to the fire.


An investigator told Sawyer a space heater sparked the flames. He says nothing can be salvaged.

"All my stuff gone. I don't have nothing no more. I will have to start over from scratch," he told us.

The owner of the home was on the scene Saturday morning. He tells us it was not insured.

If you can help this family with clothes or a place to stay, call Willie Sawyers at 601-918-4530.


Copyright 2014 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly