Neighbor kicks open door during house fire - - Jackson, MS

Neighbor kicks open door during house fire

JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) - Jackson firefighter's battled a house fire this morning in the 400 block of Mason Boulevard in Jackson.

Fire officials say unattended cooking caused the blaze that started around 5:30 a.m.

No one was in the house when the fire started.

A neighbor said when he saw the fire he ran and kicked open the door to the house.

The neighbor said the flames and smoke were too heavy for him to go inside, so he had to remove an air conditioning unit from the window to see if anyone was inside the house.

No one was injured, but the home is a complete loss.

Copyright 2015 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly