Fire leaves Jackson family homeless - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Fire leaves Jackson family homeless

Source: WLBT Source: WLBT
JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

A space heater caused an early morning fire at a Jackson home.

It happened around 7 am Thursday at a duplex on the corner of Capitol Street and Carter Ave. Jackson firefighters were able to quickly distinguish the fire when they arrived.  

Maria Taylor and her five children lived in the home but, they were not inside when the fire started.  When she returned she was devastated.

"We've been living here for two years," said Taylor.  "I don't know what we're going to do now."

Taylor says her lights were turned off Wednesday. The family was using a space heater to stay warm.

Investigators say the heater was not turned off when the family left the home.

If you would like to help the family, call (769)447-8403.

Copyright 2016 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly