Community reacts after toddler's hot car death - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

• WLBT Online Poll

• Parents - should daycares implement a calling policy to prevent tragedies like this from happening?

• Thank you for participating in our poll. Here are the results so far:

70%
    604 votes
    14%
    126 votes
    I'm not sure that would help
    16%
    141 votes

Community reacts after toddler's hot car death

Source: WLBT Source: WLBT
  • Related LinksMore>>

Carthage daycare changes absence policy after Madison Co tragedy

Friday, May 13 2016 12:32 AM EDT2016-05-13 04:32:55 GMT
    Tuesday, February 20 2018 12:11 PM EST2018-02-20 17:11:06 GMT
    Source: WLBTSource: WLBT

The tragic death of a 2 year old left in a hot car in Madison County had us wondering if local day cares have policies in place to prevent situations like this from happening. Many local day cares have a policy where they call the parent if the child is a no-show one to two hours after its cutoff time. However, one Carthage day care had no policy prior to this tragedy and is now taking a proactive approach.

More >>

More >>
  • breaking

Child in Madison County hot car death died from hyperthermia

Child in Madison County hot car death died from hyperthermia

Wednesday, May 11 2016 5:15 PM EDT2016-05-11 21:15:46 GMT
    Monday, April 10 2017 9:29 AM EDT2017-04-10 13:29:18 GMT
    Source: WLBTSource: WLBT

Madison County Coroner Alex Breeland has ruled that 2-year-old Caroline Bryant, of Brandon, died from Hyperthermia after being left in the back seat of her mother's car.

More >>

More >>

Baby's hot car death shocks community

Thursday, May 12 2016 8:00 PM EDT2016-05-13 00:00:42 GMT
    Friday, May 13 2016 11:14 AM EDT2016-05-13 15:14:53 GMT
    Source: WLBTSource: WLBT

The incident happened Wednesday, when police got a call about an unresponsive baby in the back-seat of a car at Little Footprints Learning Center in Gluckstadt.

More >>

More >>
MADISON COUNTY, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

Madison County Coroner Alex Breeland has identified the toddler who died after being left in the back seat of her mother's car as 2-year-old Caroline Bryant of Brandon.

According to Sheriff Randy Tucker, the mother of the child said she was on the way home from work and stopped at Little Footprints Learning Center to pick up her child.

"They told the mother you didn't drop her off this morning and the mother immediately became distraught, ran out to the car and realized the two year old was still in the car," said Tucker.

She discovered her child dead in the backseat of her SUV, still in her car seat.

The tragic events that unfolded Wednesday afternoon have many around the community asking questions. How could this happen? What can be done to prevent something like this from happening again?

On Wednesday, our original post about the death reached over 9 million people. The post received 12,000 reactions, was shared almost 50,000 times and was commented on over 7,000 times by our viewers.

We received a lot of feedback about the situation:

Put down your phones. Turn off your radios. TALK to your children while you are in the car! This used to NEVER happen. People are too preoccupied these days.

Listen ladies, keep your unfeeling comments to yourself. God, please, take care of this baby's family during their grief. My heart breaks for them.

I have drove all the way to work with my toddler in the car??luckily my purse was on the back seat... When you're full time mom, full time student, full time employee, full time wife you're lucky your head is attached to your body. I won't judge this mom, I'll pray for her

As a mother, how could you forget your baby was in the car. Check her for drugs! So you mean to tell me, you've been driving to work, daycare etc. & never looked in your backseat or rearview to notice. Pure BS!

I know its not the day cares job but i see it would be a good policy to call parents when child is absent

Was the child asleep during the commute? Do you leave your job while on lunch? Do you not look in your rear view mirror? Are your windows tinted? My heart aches for mom, I couldn't imagine. I'm not bashing. We are a world lost in technology..

I feel sorry for the baby.. Not the mother as a father of 3 boys I never forget they in the car.. She should be charged with murder... And the judge should give her a Max Sentence so she would know what's it's like 2 be locked up and 4 gotten about....

*sigh* another one forgot their precious child for 8-10 hours in a locked car.......Just stop pretending to love these babies and drop them off at the police station instead. This "forgot" is about as played out as mental illness!

This may not have been her normal routine. Someone else may have been taking the baby in the morning and she picked up in the afternoon. There could be a million reasons but we should not judge what is going on in her life

About 17 years ago I dropped my wife and 5 kids off in front of church while I parked with the baby. I had to park far away. I was hurrying to get with the rest of the family and forgot my baby in the vehicle. It wasn't until I reached my seat at church that my wife asked where the baby was. Fortunately it was evening and cool weather and the few minutes didn't harm her. She was crying when I found her, but it made me realize that I too am capable of forgetting and being distracted. Prayers for the family, mercy triumphs over judgement.

After reading comments about the tragedy, one woman took to Facebook to express her disappointment over what she was reading.

She wrote, "To jump to conclusions and to ask, "How could she not have known...," to call for her death......Y'all, there is a mama today who, I sincerely believe, would gladly give her own life to be able to turn back the clock to this morning when she "forgot." GLADLY."

The full post below:

Her post has been shared almost 700 times so far.

Busy Bee's Daycare and Kindergarten in Carthage posted to Facebook to inform parents about a new plan the business is implementing, in light of the tragedy.

The feedback was positive, with many parents agreeing that a calling policy is a great plan:

I'm so happy you all are being so proactive! Thank you for caring so much for our babies!"

Yes this is an awesome plan! My daycare always calls me if my son is running late or not there. They know me and know he is there everyday and get concerned when he doesn't show up! I love that they care so much and love my babies just as much as I do! It's a great thing for all daycares to try and do to help in trying to prevent things like this in the future!"

An autopsy has been ordered but the results are not yet in. So far, no charges have been filed but the investigation is still ongoing.

Copyright 2016 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly