Unattended cooking caused fire that killed 90-year-old - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Unattended cooking caused fire that killed 90-year-old

Source: WLBT Source: WLBT
Source: WLBT Source: WLBT
Source: WLBT Source: WLBT
JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

A fire that killed a 90-year-old woman on Wednesday was caused by unattended cooking, according to Deputy Chief Marcus Davis.

Thelma Roberts died after she was pulled from the fire at her house. 

According to Deputy Chief Marcus Davis with the Jackson Fire Department, units were called to a house fire at 2699 Maddox Road in Jackson.

There was heavy smoke billowing out of the home.

When firefighters arrived, they were able to rescue the Roberts and take her to the hospital, where she later died.

According to residents in the area, when the fire started a nearby man tried to save her, but the smoke was too heavy to get her out.

Copyright 2016 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly