Storage shed at Jackson cemetery catches fire - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Storage shed at Jackson cemetery catches fire

Source: WLBT Source: WLBT
JFD says the fire at the storage shed has been contained JFD says the fire at the storage shed has been contained
Several lawn mowers will have to be cleaned, but were not otherwise damaged Several lawn mowers will have to be cleaned, but were not otherwise damaged
The Jackson Fire Department works to put out a blaze at a cemetery storage shed The Jackson Fire Department works to put out a blaze at a cemetery storage shed
JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

A storage shed at a Jackson city-owned cemetery caught fire Tuesday morning.

The Jackson Fire Department was called to Cedarlawn Cemetery on West Capitol Street.

Investigators' preliminary reports show they believe the fire started due to an electrical malfunction.

The Department Head for Cedarlawn says no equipment inside the shed was damaged. It was filled with motorized lawn mowers used around the cemetery.

No injuries have been reported. The fire was contained to the storage facility; no graves or headstones were affected.

We will keep you up to date on this developing story.

Copyright 2018 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly