Finalists revealed for 2018 Ferriss Trophy - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Finalists revealed for 2018 Ferriss Trophy

WLBT archives WLBT archives

The five finalists have been revealed for the 2018 C Spire Ferriss Trophy. Southern Miss is the only school with two players selected.

Here are the finalists in alphabetical order (season statistics as of May 14th)

OF Jake Mangum (Mississippi State)

-. 342 average, 76 hits (leads SEC), 19 RBI, .986 fielding percentage

OF Ryan Olenek (Ole Miss)

- .396 average (leads SEC), 3 HR, 26 RBI

IF Luke Reynolds (Southern Miss)

- Leads C-USA in average (.384), home runs (13), slugging percentage (.714), on base percentage (.538)

P Nick Sandlin (Southern Miss)

- 3rd in the nation with 1.15 ERA, 7-0 record

1B Zack Shannon (Delta State)

- Leads all levels of NCAA baseball in home runs (29), RBI (86)

Fans can help select the winner by voting at http://www.csopavoting.com starting Monday at 5:00pm. The fan vote will count for 10% of the overall ballot, MLB scouts and Mississippi college baseball coaches account for the other 90%.

The Ferriss Trophy luncheon will be held Monday, May 21st at 11:30am. World Series champion and MSU great Jay Powell will be the guest speaker.

Copyright 2018 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly