OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- 1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WLBT, 715 South Jefferson, Jackson, MS 39201 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at April 27th at Midnight and ends at May 24th at Midnight. Entries must be received by May 24, 2009. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- 2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Mississippi, who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WLBT-TV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. The contest promotes and recognizes environmental work by volunteers who don not receive profit for their work, but rather whose efforts are solely to improve the environment. Projects which provide income or profit to the applicant will not be considered.
- 3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. The official entry form is available on WLBT.com/Going Green Mississippi. You can apply online or mail your entry to Going Green Mississippi Campaign c/o WLBT-TV3, P.O. Box 1712, Jackson, MS 39215-1712 or 715 South Jefferson Street, Jackson, MS 39201. Send your entry so that it will be received by MIDNIGHT Friday, May 24, 2009. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
- 4. Prize(s): Each of the seven (7) winners will be featured in a :30 commercial about your project that will air on WLBT. Winners will also be featured on WLBT's Going Green Mississippi Webpage.
- 5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Seven winners will be chosen from the entries received by a panel of judges. Entries will be judged on the following criteria; creativity and knowledge about the natural world, benefits to the central Mississippi region, ability to meet future demands and encourage green living, conservation and water/electricity efficiency, preservation ease of implementation.
- 6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- 7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to come to WLBT-TV's studio to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 15 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. The address for WLBT-TV's studio is listed in Rule 1, above. Upon signing the release and affidavit of eligibility, the winner will receive his/her prize.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, as well as transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WLBT-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WLBT-TV if WLBT-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WLBT-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- 8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- 9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WLBT-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WLBT-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
- 10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to 715 South Jefferson, Jackson, MS 39201 or visit the website at www.wlbt.com between February 21st and February 28th.